Friday, November 22, 2013

Just Me and My Filing Cabinet.

For the longest I have been wanting a functional filing cabinet.  But, I have not been wanting to pay full price for one.  (I am a cheap motherfucker, m'kay?)  I traveled the globe near and far, delving into every nook and cranny and alley way, attempting to unearth the object of my desire.  (And by that I mean I went to the Goodwill a few times and checked craigslist.)

Sadly, I was not able to find a decent, free discounted filing cabinet.

I sucked it up.  Went to Staples.  Painfully parted with $80 or so.  And came home with this modest, yet gleaming, inviting gem.


All I want out of life is to be left alone for one whole day with this small item o' luxury.  So I can Type-A it up in this bitch.  Oh to ORGANIZE and FILE!  I dream of the day when I can place every loose paper in my apartment into this aluminum piece of magnificence.  (Okay not every paper, like hell t-h-a-t is going to happen, but some of this paper and these documents, and these legal files, and the overwhelming amount of paper I've gotten from my son's kindergarten curriculum.)  God, I ask you, one day!  Me + Filing Cabinet = Love.

How can I describe the amorous emotion in my heart for my new filing cabinet?  MY filing cabinet.  (It's all mine, MINE.)  Impossible.

Thus I humbly resort to borrowing the Bonnie & Clyde immortal lyrics of Jay-Z and Beyonce.

All I need in this life of sin is me and my filing cabinet
Down to ride 'til the very end, it's me and my filing cabinet
All I need in this life of sin is me and my filing cabinet
Down to ride 'til the very end, it's me and my filing cabinet




1 comment: