Sunday, December 15, 2013

FREE BUNNA FOR EVERYONE!


How's that for an alarming title?


shamelessly stolen from HowtoCookGreatEthiopian.com

BUNNA!  BUNNA!  I screamed it in my head this morning, having realized at 4 am that I totally had no coffee whatsoever to get up and make.  Again.  For the 2nd negligent day in a row.

The title of this blog post is entirely misleading and patently false in its advertisement.  I am not giving coffee to everyone.  Unless, you know, one by one each individual person wants to come to my bohemian hermitage and huddle around my little table and drink coffee with me and tell me their stories.  Then, its free coffee for you!  And you!  And you!

Earlier, I stumbled into the grocery store at 5:30 am searching for a little, cheap tin of coffee.  The only woman working, at the express lane, was an enthusiastic, high energy Black woman who kept saying "MMmmmm Yes, girl!"  which I found super charming.  She was tall with short hair, bright pink lipstick and a radiant smile.  Having inquired as to how she manages to exude such infectious bouyancy at such a wee morning hour and whether she drinks coffee, she emphatically proclaimed "MMmmm, Yes, girl!" and pointed to the tall to-go cup of coffee sitting by the register.  I smiled.  I drove back home like a zombie.

Plopped myself in front of the computer and listened to the blub-blub-gurgle-gurgle of the coffee maker.

Moments thereafter, I sipped on my dark, rich, embarrassingly cheap-no-standards-coffee-for-the-masses and I read about how to stay wild and also the trouble with the snooze button.  

Now, I will do some immigration work before I go pick up my son and go to the Baha'i center.

Happy Sunday.

2 comments:

  1. Ha HA I feel it! That is the worst, to wake up to no coffee. It is a terrible nightmare! Glad you have a nearby store open to face that problem. I have a minute, so I'm gonna check out your links. Thinking of you, bella!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God, you're an early riser. Not having coffee = blasphemy.

    ReplyDelete